Bad croissants: Full of fat, sugar and no goodness Milk Most non-organic milk is filled with hormones Standard yoghurt Most are full of sugar Margarine Full of chemicals Beer High sugar and calories
Better wholemeal bread: Fibre is good for digestion Organic milk It’s chemical-free Organic yoghurt It’s free from pesticides Olive oil spread Full of essential fatty acids Organic cider Less alcohol and calories.
Best spelt bread: No tummy-bloating gluten
Organic almond milk: Doesn’t contain lactose that can cause bloating Organic full-fat yoghurt Makes you feel full and is less sugary than low-fat options Organic butter Natural and additive free Good red wine Grape skin contains resveratrol, a great antioxidant
Tummy toning moves
James Duigan says, “Exercise smarter, not harder. So, if you are trying to lose weight, don’t go mad with exercise – get more out of less.” These moves can help you get a flatter tummy as they reduce levels of stress hormones in the body, which encourage fat around your middle.
- Go slow and low and repeat 10 times
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, arms out and parallel to floor
- Inhale through the nose, then lower your bottom down as far as is still comfortable while exhaling l Pause for a few seconds, then inhale as you come up
Energy push Great for digestion – breathe slowly and repeat 20 times
- Take a comfortable stance with feet shoulder width apart, arms in front of you, palms facing down
- Inhale and pull hands back towards your shoulders
- Exhale, pushing your arms back out to starting position Leg tuck Great for lower abs – repeat 10 times
- Lie back, feet on floor, knees bent l Inhale then bring knees into your chest as you exhale
- Inhale again as you return your feet to the floor